Sunday, May 20, 2012

 On Saturday, May 19, 2012, Mary and I joined in with the Interfaith Habitat build on Ainsworth in East Tacoma. For me and like all Habitat builds for me, it was a chance to learn some new building skills. In this case it was the hard work of taking down concrete forms and laying foundation and roof drainage. I followed this with some work on sheathing another home. My hip started aching and after a great lunch provided by another St. Leo volunteer, I was so uncomfortable that I had to call it quits. Mary work on cleaning floors and then cleaning the concrete form pieces so they could be used on yet another new foundation. She also did some wall sheathing work, so we had a chance to work together for awhile before lunch.

It was a beautiful day, the sun was out, the Olympic Mountains were visible in the distance and we were with 7 other St. Leo friends and Donna who prepared lunch for us. Habitat builds are always a chance for me to feel like I am contributing and definitely learning new skills.  Thanks to Martha Scoville for making this happen.

Mike - May 19, 2012
Posted by Picasa

No comments: